Tips for Choosing a Reliable Contractor
Ask for a quote in writing
- note the difference between a quote and an estimate
- receive more than one contractor to quote
- ensure the quote is of realistic value
Agree a contract
- establish the cost and duration of a project
- establish the detail of
- the work that needs to be done
- labour and materials
- how payment will be made
- snags and putting right any minor problems
Make a few Checks
- contractor's licenses and registrations are currently valid?
- third-party property and injury insurance
- is the contractor is a member of, or is registered with an Industry Organization or Association.
- how long has the contractor been in business
- can he/she provide references from previous customers?
Find someone else if a contractor insists on cash payment only.
Note: If in doubt call in a reputable Tradesman
Efficient, tidy and keeps to his word. Obliging too. Happy to recommend Danny to anyone needing a man about the house for repairs, building, decorating and tiling.Christine P, Hook Heath, Woking,
Member of Guild of Master Craftsmen